Sunday, March 21, 2010

First post!

Hello world!

My first post! This is very exciting. I've been thinking about starting a blog for a long time--well, since last November, anyway, which for a 17 year old who for four years has only thought in terms of getting through next Thursday's math test feels like a long time. I was singing at an alumni event for my school and Ms. H-, my chorus director, introduced me to a woman who wrote for Vogue. Somehow she had found out that I wanted to be a journalist and thought this would be an opportune time to do some matchmaking. That's Ms. H- for you. I'm not much of a style person--what I really want to do is be a foreign correspondent--but it was interesting to talk to a real journalist. Her first piece of advice was that I start a blog, and though at the time I was too consumed with college applications and the drama of my senior year to do anything, the idea has stayed with me. So here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment